Sunday, September 6, 2009

Common Ground On Sensible Comprehensive Immigration Reform

September 1, 9:44 AMSan Diego Immigration Policy ExaminerCarl Braun

The subject of Immigration Reform and Illegal Immigration can be truly incendiary in a public forum like this. I read every one of your comments and value each of them. I generally don't respond because my job is to put the topic out there to stir up public debate. You know what I think so now it is your turn.

In my last article "Since When does immigration reform mean open borders and amnesty?" I called for anyone with a better idea. Some answered with profanities and insults. Robert Gittelson however penned a thoughtful response and after a brief exchange with him I decided to post his letter, with his permission, so that each of us can see another perspective. It doesn't change my mind though I am encouraged to know that not everyone on the left is supportive of a full scale invasion through amnesty and open borders.

Still, this is a negotiation and positions are mapped out at the extremes. The upcoming debate (if we actually get to participate in one) will be lively and may alter the political and cultural landscape of the United States forever. Whichever side you are on, at the end of the day, we are all
http://www.examiner.com/x-17495-San-Diego-Immigration-Policy-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Comprehensive-Immigration-Reform-What-some-on-the-left-are-thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment